Polling Districts and Polling Places Review
South Gloucestershire Council: Notice of Polling Districts and Polling Places Review
Notice is hereby given that in accordance with Section 18C of the Representation of the People Act 1983 South Gloucestershire Council (the Council) is to carry out a review of its
polling districts and polling places.
Relevant information and mapping regarding the current arrangements and proposals for changes can be found at Polling Station consultations or can be inspected at:
• South Gloucestershire Council, Electoral Services, Badminton Road, Yate BS37 5AF
• Kingswood One Stop Shop, Civic Centre, High Street, Kingswood BS15 9TR
• Patchway One Stop Shop, The Patchway Hub, Rodway Road, Patchway BS34 5PE
• Yate One Stop Shop, Kennedy Way, Yate BS37 4DQ (access via West Walk)
• Bradley Stoke Library, 1 Fiddlers Wood Lane, Bradley Stoke, BS32 9BS
• Thornbury Library, St Mary Street, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2AA
The (Acting) Returning Officer (ARO) for the following parliamentary constituencies will comment on the proposals:
|Future constituencies (as recommended by the
Boundary Commission for England)
|Filton and Bradley Stoke CC
|Bristol North East BC
|Filton and Bradley Stoke BC
|Thornbury and Yate CC
|North East Somerset and Hanham CC
|Thornbury and Yate CC
Those representations will be published on the Council’s website and will be available for inspection at the locations listed above in accordance with the timetable set out below.
Electors within the Council area or within a UK Parliamentary constituency which has any part in the authority may make a representation. We invite comments from all electors
regarding the convenience of voting at polling stations currently used for elections and would welcome suggestions for alternative sites.
The Council would also welcome the views of all residents, particularly disabled residents, or any person or body with expertise in access for persons with any type of disability, on the
proposals, ARO’s representations or any other related matters.
Anybody making representations should, if possible, give alternative places that may be used as polling places.
Comments and representations may be submitted as follows:
|South Gloucestershire Council, Electoral Services, PO Box 1953,
Bristol, BS37 0DB
All representations must be made by no later than 30 October 2023.
|Formal notice of review
|Publication of (Acting) Returning Officer’s comments
|Commencement of public consultation period
|End of public consultation period
|Final proposals considered by Regulatory Committee
|Publish revised register of electors*
* It should be noted that in the event of an unscheduled election during December, the current polling district scheme would remain in place ensuring polling station information on poll cards remained accurate for election day. In this event, the electoral register would be updated on 1 February to reflect the new scheme.
The outcome of the review will be published by the Council in November and will be available for inspection on the Council’s website and at the locations listed above.
Anybody making representations should be aware that, upon completion of the review, all correspondence and representations received must, by law, also be published.
Dated: 2 October 2023
Monitoring Officer & Service Director of Legal,
Governance & Democratic Services
South Gloucestershire Council