Financial Support

This image opens as a pdf flyer with further information on help that is available.

Local and financial support for South Gloucestershire, including help with energy bills

Details of financial support that may be available are set out here.

The Household Support Fund

The purpose of the Household Support Fund is to support households in the most need with food, energy and water bills and other essential items.  It was renewed in April with new criteria, it is available to all residents but a third of the fund has been allocated to people of state pension age.

We are aware that this a difficult community to reach, for multiple reasons, so have created materials targeted at this audience in the hope of reaching as many people as possible, the Fund ends at the end of September so we want to help as many people as we can before then.

We have a range of options available to help customers who are struggling financially with immediate and long-term support and advice to help navigate this rough patch. This can help with outgoings such as water, food, energy, housing costs and other essentials such as warm clothing & fuel.

There is an online application form, but we are aware that this may be overwhelming for many people so we also have the option to call or visit our One Stop Shops where there will be support available to complete the application form.  There is a one stop shop at The Patchway Hub, Rodway Road, Patchway, Bristol, BS34 5PE

Paper copies of the flyer are available on request-

Help with the rising costs of living – older people’s guide

There are many reasons why you may be finding it difficult to cope financially.  We are here to help.  We have a range of grants to help if you are of state pension age and struggling financially, and we can  help you access national support for the rising cost of living.  Call our friendly team for advice or help to apply for immediate support to help with essential outgoings such as: water, food, energy, housing and fuel.

Household Support Fund, Council Tax Rebate, Housing Benefit, Pension Credit.

Emergency and long term financial support is available. To apply for support you must:

  • live in South Gloucestershire
  • be over the age of 18

How to apply:

Complete the form online at: South Gloucestershire Council

  • Email:
  • Phone: 01454 868009
  • Visit: South Gloucestershire Council One Stop Shop in Kingswood, Yate or Patchway, see Contact Us

If you need this information in any other format, such as Braille or languages other than English, please contact us on any of the above details.  We are happy to help.

The above information is available here in pdf format